The Formulary has been developed through collaborative work by healthcare professionals from Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospital NHS Trust, Rotherham, Doncaster and South Humber Foundation Trust and Primary Care.
The aims of the Formulary are:
- To reflect evidence-based practice and expert opinion.
- To educate all prescribers and other healthcare professionals in good practice in the selection and use of drugs.
- To provide users with drug and prescribing rationale and guidelines.
- To provide a list of drugs to be considered as the preferred choice across the Doncaster and Bassetlaw health communities
- To obtain good value for money spent on prescribed drugs.
The content of the Formulary has been prepared from original papers, leading articles, national and local guidelines, comments and suggestions from a wide cross-section of healthcare professionals.
Treatment rationale or guidelines are included for some aspects of drug therapy. These should be tailored, where necessary, to individual patient needs. They do not replace national or local guidelines, or the need for consultation and/or referral for expert advice.
The RDASH FT Formulary provides guidance for the following therapeutic areas:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
The aim of the Formulary is to rationalise prescribing in order to promote the safe, effective and economic use of medicinal products. The contents of the Formulary are reviewed on a rolling programme basis.
Enquiries relating to the Formulary should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org